October 20, 2016
Nativo Lodge 11:30 am
October 20, 2016 Meeting
Beer 101 - Style Tasting
New Mexico Brewers Guild
We're loving our new logo! It is the work of Wendy Spalsbury, T. Payton, and their fabulous team at OneCreative. The firm they founded in 2002 creates Branding, Advertising and Direction for its clients. Contact them via their website www.onecreative.net, or at 889-9700.
Just in time for Oktoberfest - we get to hear about the amazing trend toward micro brewing and the craft beer industry in New Mexico.
On October 20, John Gozigian will tell us why beer is such a big deal. He will cover:
- Why the craft brewing industry has taken off so strongly in the Albuquerque area and New Mexico,
- How Albuquerque rates compared to other communities on new brewing companies,
- Can we sustain the number of brewers that we have? Will there be a shakeout?
- Where he sees Albuquerque and New Mexico's craft brewing industry in 5 years, and
- The economic impact of this new industry.
The New Mexico Brewers Guild currently shows forty seven brewing operations in the state as members - from Abbey Brewing Company ("made with Care and Prayer") to Wellhead Brew Pub.
Whether you have a thirst for beer, or are just interested in the business aspects, this is the meeting for you !